Thursday, December 1, 2016

What to Do When Fingerprint Scanner Not Working on Samsung


Many users like to use fingerprint feature to unlock their Samsung phone. It is very easy and fast way. However, sometimes the fingerprint scanner might stop working for some reasons. Here we will list the common problems of fingerprint and show you the solutions.
Case 1: Samsung Failed to Recognize My Fingerprint
Case 2: Fingerprint Scanner Stopped Working after Upgrading
Case 1: Samsung Failed to Recognize My Fingerprint
Q: I got a Galaxy Note 5 and tried to use fingerprint to unlock my phone. Firstly, It worked smoothly. But shortly afterwards, I found that my phone just couldn't recognize my fingerprint. What's worse, I have forgot the backup password. Now I am locked out of the phone. 
A: Calm down at first. Secondly, check if your Note 5 is connected to Wi-Fi or celluar data. If it does, you can unlock your phone again with Google account.


Your Galaxy phone should be unlocked now.
Unlock Samsung by Factory Resetting
What if you have switched off network connection or don't have a Google/Samsung account? You can still get your phone unlocked by resetting the phone to factory settings.
Step 1. Put your phone into recovery mode. Turn off the device. Then press and hold the "Volume Up", "Power" and "Home" buttons at the same time until the Android logo appears. Release "Power" button but continue to hold the other buttons until the following page comes up.

Step 2. Tap "wipe data/factory reset" and "wipe cache partition" to erase all the settings and data in the phone. Then, reboot the phone, the screen lock will be removed.
Note: Factory resetting will wipe out all your settings and data in the phone. So you'll lose all data if you don't have a backup.
Case 2: Fingerprint Scanner Stopped Working after Upgrading
Q: I used to unlock my phone with fingerprint. However, after I upgraded my Galaxy S6, the fingerprint scanner stopped working. Everytime I tried to add a fingerprint or use the scanner, I got the message: Make sure Home button is clean and dry, then try again. What's going on with my phone?
A: Every Android new update may have some small bugs and cause problems in some models. To eliminate the bugs, you should wipe the cache partition in recovery mode first:
Put your phone into the recovery mode.
Use the volume buttons to scroll down to highlight "Wipe Cache Partition". Press the "Power" button to confirm. After that, choose "Reboot System Now" to restart the phone.

If the problem persists after that, you may try factory reset the phone under recovery mode. (Factory resetting the phone will delete all data and bring your phone back to factory state. Therefore, backup important data to computer via Renew Android Data Recovery before performing a factory reset).

If none of the above method works, then you may want to downgrade your Galaxy S6 by flashing a new firmware to your phone.
Any more questions about fingerprint scanner not working on Samsung? Leave your question below and we'll see what we can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment